Senior Sales Engineer
Job Title : Senior Sales Engineer - Building Material Division
Duties & Responsibilities/Deliverables:
- Maximize income generation for the company, and achieve sales targets;
- Plan, locate and establish contacts with new customers, consultants and contractors;
- Obtain relevant documentation, review, prepare suitable materials for quotations and reply to consultant’s comments;
- Coordinate all aspects of the sales process from initial quotations/LPOs through to closing of the sales deal;
- Lead the development and preparation of RFP’s, Pre-Qualification, formal presentations, proposal, and contracts;
- Organize follow-up visits and report weekly in writing about Building Materials sales activities, the status of the pending projects;
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers;
- Join weekly internal sales meeting with the Building Materials Division Head and to validate sales strategy, refine tactics, exchange information and plan for the next actions;
- Report all relevant market information collected during your sales meetings concerning competition, projects and prices.
- Propose new products developments and suggest improvements whenever the opportunity arises;
- Establish friendly and professional relationships with our clients.
- Generate project/business opportunities to meet company’s business plans and growth strategies;
- Undertake research to identify opportunities and threats in the market place;
- Attend networking events, trade exhibitions and promotional events to gather market information and promote the system/product;
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times;
- Develop solid, long-term relationships with prospects and maintain existing customer’s relationship within the commercial construction industry;
- Track and report current status of potential projects, markets, customer news, and developments;
- Ensure all communication with customers is in accordance with our standards and correct in content and format;
- Knowledge transfer and provide: coaching, Mentoring, Knowledge Share, and Technical Training team members routinely;
Bachelor’s degree in engineering / business administration with strong technical background
- 3+ years prior work experience in Sales / Business Development or related positions;
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services;
- Prior customer service experience and the ability to understand and react to customer needs.
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate moderate to complex data;
- Superior communication skills (listening/verbal/written) and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of customer escalation principles highly preferred.
- Demonstrates organizational skills to juggle competing priorities;
- Advance MS Office skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills, and dealing with difficult customers in an efficient and effective manner;
- Demonstrated results in meeting sales quotas or business development goals;
- Experience using CRM software to track and analyze sales metrics;
- Knowledge of the sales process with the ability to understand and interpret customer needs using fact-finding to identify sales opportunities.
If you are a Sales Engineer with strong MEP sales experience, apply today by sending your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org